Hi, please meet my current favourite salad recipe.
This is a deliciously filling salad that I love to throw together. It never fails to impress a crowd – and it’s so good for you! It can be eaten on its own as a meal, as a side, as a lunch, as a dinner, or as a snack, and any of the ingredients can be interchanged for whatever you have in the cupboard.
Throw-it-Together Sweet Potato, Feta & Nut Salad Recipe
Serves: 4 as a side, 2 as a meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
800g sweet potato, peeled
1 tbs coconut oil
250g baby spinach
½ red onion, finely sliced
100g snow peas, stalks removed
1 avocado, sliced
200g goat’s feta cheese, cubed
Handful of nuts of your choice*, roughly chopped
*I normally use the nuts I have handy – but would strongly recommend a combination of pepitas, macadamias and cashew nuts.
1. Heat oven to 220*C fan force and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Peel the sweet potato, wash it and cut it into 2cm cubes (or there abouts) and place onto your prepared baking tray. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 15 seconds, and then drizzle over the sweet potato with a sprinkle of salt. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until golden and a little crispy, turning half way.
3. As you wait for the sweet potato, prepare the other ingredients. Mix the baby spinach, red onion and snow peas together in a salad bowl.
4. When the sweet potato is golden remove it from the tray and allow it to cool. Once warm, mix it into the baby spinach. Add the avocado, and sprinkle the feta cheese and combination of nuts.
5. Serve with a dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Enjoy every last tasty morsel.