Image Credit: Sky Simone Photography
Ah, bridesmaid gifts. Just when you thought you had your wedding plans all squared away, you remember the teeny tiny detail of thanking the lovely ladies who have agreed to stand beside you as you say “I do”. You don’t have to buy your maids a gift, but it is becoming a hugely popular trend. It’s a nice way to say thanks friend for all the hard work they’ve (hopefully) put in leading up to your big day, and all the hard work they’re (hopefully) about to put in for your big day. If your wedding is coming up and you’re stuck on bridesmaid gifts, take a gander at the list below for some ideas. These things are handy because most of them are small enough that you can package them into a neat little box.
- Jewellery — I’ve been a bridesmaid thrice and received a lovely pair or earrings to wear on the wedding day every time. It’s one less thing for your maids to think about, adds a nice little detail to their outfit, and is something they can wear again. Necklaces and bracelets are a great choice too.
- Lipstick/Lipgloss — Give your ladies the colour and finish you want them to wear on the day; they can carry it with them and reapply as needed.
- Candle — Most people I know love a good candle. I always have time for a candle. I could never have too many.
- Clutch — If you want some more uniformity among your bridesmaids, a clutch is a great way to go. Some brides pack the rest of their bridesmaid gifts inside the clutch, which is also a gift. AKA, giftception. Check out my guide for a perfectly packed wedding clutch, and prepare your girls for anything!
- Mini Perfume — Carrying a perfume with you on-the-go is great for a quick burst of fragrance. It’s a shower in a can, people! You don’t have to spend hundreds on an expensive brand, you can pick up some really lovely budget-friendly fragrances if you look around.
- Robe/Pajamas — I don’t know why, but I feel so satisfied when I see bridal shoots where the bridesmaids all have matching robes or pajamas. The floral ones? So cute. I’ve also seen pictures where the bride has wrapped the bridesmaid gifts in the robe. Again, giftception.
- Personalised Coat Hanger — You know the ones, they’re usually white with a bow and some Etsy wizard has bent the metal bit into a person’s name. Genius.
- Mug — Who doesn’t love a cup of tea or coffee? No one. Literally everyone loves that, and your maids will love it even more in a mug from you! Pop in your maid’s favourite teabag or hot drink sachet for another cute surprise.
- Something That Reflects Your Personality — Give your maids something that has you written all over it. Love champagne? Pop in one of those mini champagne bottles. Love being cozy? Chuck in some woolly bed socks. Always have your nails done? Throw in a cute nail polish. If you want to get really personal, put in some toenail clippings or a lock of your hair—girls love that kind of stuff.
Don’t feel pressure to ‘go all out’ and spend hundreds of dollars. Remember, you have to buy it for all your bridesmaids, not just your favourite/s, so it’s already an expensive exercise before you’ve even gone shopping. Know that whatever bridesmaid gift you choose, they will love and appreciate. Except maybe the toenail clippings.