I collect Christmas mugs.
My collection is modest, but growing. This week I put the finishing touches on a Christmas Bucket List, and (spoiler alert!) one of the items I’ve put on there is “buy a new Christmas mug”. I was going to plop in a link or two of mug suggestions but half an hour later I was elbow-deep in a Christmas mug rabbit trail, and with about twenty tabs open I realized that with my passion for Christmas mugs, I could write an entire post on them.
So I did.
It was extremely hard narrowing this down this selection of collectible Christmas mugs, but I did it.
I actually just want to buy them all now!
This article may contain affiliate links, which means by clicking and purchasing a product via our website, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. It is our policy not to promote or endorse products that we would not purchase or use ourselves.
16 Magical Christmas Mugs and Cups To Collect This Christmas
1. This lil sass-monster is at the top of my Christmas mug wishlist. He’s cute, he’s witty, and he’s just the right amount of festive. So the perfect man, but in mug form.
2. Because Hallmark Christmas movies are more of a Christmas institution than Rudolf himself. And if you have a buddy who commits to watching every cheese-laden (but awesome) Hallmark Christmas plot-line with you, get her one too.
3. The best part about these cookie smuggling snowmen is that they come in a nifty set of two, which means you can enjoy a cheeky hot chocolate and a shortbread cookie with your work bestie on your coffee break AND it’ll be totally Instagrammable. #allthechristmascookiehashtags
4. This dapper guy might be my soulmate. He’s adorable AND he’s here to bring me my morning cuppa joe. Plus I’ll be honest, I’m loving the two-handles vibe he’s got going on. I would absolutely grab both handles at once and drink from this mug like a toddler with a sippy cup. And I would unashamedly get cream and sprinkles all over my nose too.
5. I am loving the red rim and handle on this little number (though you can also get the same design in plain white if that’s your jam).6. If you’re looking for THE perfect novelty Christmas mug, this delightful snow gentleman ticks all the boxes. I love his content little smile and I find the curvature of the stocking shape deeply satisfying.
7. They may not be all that Christmassy but these marshmallow cutie pants-es make my heart sing. Plus, they come in a nifty set of four so even when one is in the wash, you’re never short of sweet little mashmallow pals. And that, right there, is a life goal I never knew I had.
8. When you stop believing in Santa, you get underwear. Clear, to the point, and probably accurate. I wouldn’t know for sure though because I’m a believer.
9. “Is the Peekaboo Mug trend still a thing?” I hear you ask. And my answer, of course, is “Heck yes it is when there are tiny sun-bathing penguins involved.” And yes I realize that he may not actually be sun-bathing but you can see it, can’t you?10. This elegant offering isn’t a traditional Christmas mug but it’s right up my alley! She’s the perfect blend of fancy and festive, but can be used year-round without anyone giving you weird looks.
11. I reallllllly like these Retro-Style Coffee Mugs, and the fact that there’s four of them in the set pleases me greatly. They’re so eye-catching, without being kitschy. The hipsters are gonna love ’em.
12. This one is a little left-of-field but it’s a piece of my childhood! I remember being at a sleepover back in primary school, and The Nightmare Before Christmas was the movie choice for the evening. Because I had a little bit of a dark twist back then, it instantly became my favourite movie, and I watched it over and over. So this awesome Sally mug speaks to me.13. Fa La La La LLAMA. Guys I can’t. It’s not even that funny, but then I look at his merpy little face, and I get the joke. I get it.
14. This reindeer design enamel mug is just the prettiest thing, and this is another mug that you could totally get away with using every day of the year, without some joker smirking at you and chuckling “Oh, a Christmas mug, eh?” It’ll be your little secret. Your Christmassy little secret.
15. If you’re festive, but in a non-traditional kinda way, you can’t go past this enamel reindeer Christmas mug. It’s like, yeah, there’s a reindeer on your mug, but it’s not in your face with Christmas bling and the red-and-green go-to that everyone over-uses on their Christmas merchandise. And it’s kind of retro, which is cool.
16. It lacks elegance and poise, but it’s emblazoned with arguably one of the most beloved Christmas movie quotes of all time. So yeah, I included it in my round-up. What.
Are you crazy for Christmas mugs too? Which one of these is your favourite?
You might also like: