This article may contain affiliate links, which means by clicking and purchasing a product via our website, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. It is our policy not to promote or endorse products that we would not purchase or use ourselves.
Tell me I’m wrong.
It feels like yesterday that you were pulling on your boots and scarf to brave the weather.
You were sipping hot chocolates, bundling up under cozy blankets, reading that awesome Hygge book that everyone’s been Instagramming non-stop, pondering the correct pronunciation of the word “Hygge”… and of course, dreaming of all the perfect things you were going to do in the Spring.
And suddenly, here it is! It’s caught you, you’ve been blind-sided, and now you’re trying to work out just how, exactly, you’re going to get the most out of the sweetest of the four seasons.
Or maybe that’s just me?
Because to me it felt like Spring hit literally on the first of this month, like “WHAM BAM, here I AM!” And suddenly it’s sunny and we don’t need to run the expensive oil heater in Jackson’s room overnight and oh yeah our backyard is PROLIFIC (with weeds and wild nasturtiums) and there are butterflies ERRYWHERE.
Personally, I adore Winter, but even I can admit that this abrupt change in season is giving me all the warm toasty feels. Jackson (he’s almost two now guys, wahhhh) and I spend SO MUCH TIME outside every day! And something about it all gives me mad spring cleaning/life fixing vibes. Change is in the air! And it smells like honeysuckle!
I just want to soak in Spring. Come Summer, I’ll probably be hiding in my newly-renovated air-conditioned bedroom. I am basically allergic to hot weather. Like it actually disgusts me to my core.
Spring is my jam.
FACT: Not one single human being on the entire planet has ever hated Spring.
(Alright, that is clearly a made-up statistic but I think it has some clout, no?)
I wanted to create a Spring bucket list to ensure that I squeeze every last awesome drop out of Spring this year. The things I see in Spring. The things that happen in Spring. All the lovely things associated with Spring. A Spring things list!
So without further ado…
The Ultimate Spring Bucket List
- If you haven’t already, check out our 3-step challenge to Spring clean your life!
- Buy yourself a bunch of flowers and pop them in your favourite vase
- Walk somewhere in your neighbourhood you haven’t been before
- Open up the curtains and windows, and let that Spring breeze bring your house to life!
- Jump on Etsy and order a pretty print to display in your home
- Eat a weekend breakfast out in the back yard
- Take a book to a Cafe, sit outside, order something sweet, and read
- Plant a few herb pots
- Try a new healthy recipe (our nutty oat banana bread is divine!)
- Grab a bottle of wine, a baguette and a wheel of brie and have a late afternoon picnic with a friend
- Plant some flowery seedlings out the front of your home
- Skip the grocery store for a week and visit a farmer’s market instead
- Take a bunch of photos, print them and stick them in a mini photo album to document your Spring
- Make a fresh, Spring-y linen spray (our DIY is so simple)
- Buy a new dress from the thrift store
- Press some flowers
- Buy a tinkly wind chime and hang it outside
- Send encouraging cards to some friends via snail mail
- Eat salad for dinner (try our throw-it-together sweet potato, feta & nut salad!)
- Create a Spring playlist
- Refresh your couch with some cute new cushions (these Green Plant Throw Pillow Covers are adorable!) or a pretty new throw blanket
- Try out a new form of light exercise
- Throw a brunch for some friends you want to get to know better
- Adopt a new house plant (we have some great inspiration here)
- Go out somewhere with a flower in your hair
- Visit an orchard
- Deeply de-clutter one problem room in your home (and check out what I learnt when I ditched 186 items from my kitchen!)
- Make a big fruit salad
- Find a friend who could use some help in the garden, and spend a weekend day helping out
- Paint your toenails a fun colour
Now I figured you wouldn’t want to come back to this blog post every day to check the list and pick a new item to tick off (though my traffic count would cry with joy if everyone who reads this actually did that. Hee hee.)
Friend, you could copy and paste the above into a word document to print blandly in black & white, Arial size 12.
You could download the super pretty printable version I made just for you.
So the only question left is: which item are you going to attack first?! Personally I’m eyeing off number 10 something fierce. Followed closely by number 24.
Is there anything on your Spring bucket list that I’ve missed? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Spring, beautiful people! Make it count!